Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sweet, Sweet Sleep

The past few months, a restful nights sleep hasn't been something that I have enjoyed. Throughout my being pregnant thus far,I have had alot of morning sickness (that lasted all day/night) and I have had to fight with my migraines and because of these two things, my nights have been restless.

Well this morning I read a verse in Proverbs and it really struck me. Proverbs 3:24 (NIV) says, "When you lie down, you will not be afraid; When you lie down, your sleep will be sweet." It really hit me when I read this, God wants to give me a restful nights sleep. I should be able to sleep without worry or fear because I have the assurance that God is watching over me. My sleep will be sweet because I have the assurance that God is in control. He will give charge to his angels over me when I sleep. And not only do I have God and his angels watching over me and my sweet baby as we sleep, I know my mama is up there in heaven keeping watch over us too.

So starting today I am going to keep this verse with me to remind me that God will give me sweet sleep and not restless nights. I will pray that my sleep will be sweet and that God will remove every fear when I sleep, and I will ask him to watch over me always.

To his beloved, God gives sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment